Health & Safety Guidelines for the Hall of Fame Minneapolis Event on July 27-30
What You Can Expect From Hall of Fame & The Ames Center
- All scheduling will be done in a studio-by-studio block format. Each studio will be assigned specific time slots for all their dancers to perform their routines. We will work with you tocome- up with the best schedule for you and your dancers. Smaller studios, or studios only bringing a small amount of solos and duet/trios, may be combined with a few other studios in their block.
- All HOF staff will be required to wear facemasks/coverings. All venue staff will be required to wear face masks as well.
- All HOF and venue staff will have daily health check-ins including temperature screenings and health questionnaire.
- The event will be livestreamed, as always, on our site at www.halloffamedance.com for those who are unable to attend. We will also be offering free videos of all group routines to studio directors.
- There will be frequent disinfection of the stage, backstage area, seating areas, common areas, and dressing rooms.
- There will be multiple, touchless hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the venue. All are strongly encouraged to clean hands with soap and hot water for 20 seconds or hand sanitizer after the using the restroom, sneezing, coughing, touching their face, blowing their nose, cleaning, eating, or drinking.
- Adjudicated awards, including special awards, will be announced live at the end of each studio block. These awards will also be livestreamed. Parents, teachers, and dancers are welcome to stay for these adjudicated awards; however, in order to effectively social distance, there will be no dancers on stage during awards. Dancers will not collect their plaques and pins individually. Instead, plaques and pins will be available for pick-up by a studio representative at the conclusion of the blocked awards.
- Overall awards ceremonies for all categories will be scheduled to take place virtually at the end of our event and available online for viewing on our livestream. Overall and high score plaques will be shipped to the studio.
- There will be no cash sales at our merchandise table. All sales will have limited contact, including eliminating signature requirement for credit cardsales.
- No scoring deductions will be given for any costume modifications that include any Personal Protective Equipment, no costumes whatsoever, or choreography to accommodate social distancing.
- The top routines from each studio will automatically qualify and be entered into our virtual World Series of Dance which will take place at the end of the summer. The virtual World Series is free of charge and an opportunity for dancers across the country to compete their best routines in a fun virtual format.
- All staff, teachers, dancers, prop handlers, and spectators will be required to wear a mask/face covering. Dancers will not be required to wear a mask on stage.
- Only active performers in the routine should be backstage with one adult teacher. No other spectators permitted backstage. Our fantastic backstage staff will be there to check you in and welcome each dance. All studio directors and adult teachers are welcome to attend the event at any time.
- We strongly encourage you to limit the number of people in the dressing rooms. The venue will have capacities posted in each space. Please maintain social distancing.
- Each dancer may bring only one guest. This does not include studio directors or teachers. The entire show is available to stream online on our website for those who unable to attend.
- We recommend studio directors conduct daily health check- in on their performers and staff including temperature screenings and health questionnaire.
- Anyone who is running a fever, or who has been ill within the last 72 hours shouldnot attend.
- Anyone who has had contact in the last 14 days with someone who was ill should not attend.
- It is highly recommended that you bring your own water to drink as there will be no food or beverages available for purchase or water fountains at the venue. We ask that you not bring any food or beverages, aside from water, into the venue.
- Spectators may only enter the facility during their own studio’s designated performance times. Wristbands will be used to determine who is able to enter the facility and will be sent to studios.
- We ask that everyone adheres to social distancing protocols while in attendance.
- All participants, audience members, and teachers must sign a waiver before the competition. This waiver can be signed electronically and has been provided to the studio.
- Please enter the venue using the North entrance doors. The venue has asked that patrons observe flow procedures of marked entrances, exits and traffic flow. Please make all efforts to use propped doors to minimize exposure to high touch areas.
Download this information here